Dr. Pat Thompson, a board-certified physician for over 20 years, is T2 Management Solutions' Medical Practice Management Specialist. As a practicing OB-GYN in the Low Country of South Carolina, she was one of four Beaufort Memorial Hospital (BMH) surgeons trained to perform Da-Vinci robot-assisted hysterectomies and other gynecological procedures. Dr. Thompson owned and managed Gynecology Associates of Beaufort and has acted as a practicing managing partner for over 19 years. In addition, she served as vice chair of the BMH Board of Trustees and as the hospital’s chief medical information officer.
A graduate of West Virginia University Medical School, she completed her OB-GYN residency at MacDonald Women’s Hospital in Cleveland and went on to earn a master’s degree in Health/Health Care Administration/Management from the University of North Carolina in 2010. Dr. Thompson currently serves as principle investigator and sub-investigator for clinical trials with Fellows Research Alliance.
· Knowledgeable of medical practice management, billing, and economics
· Experienced in the use of technology to facilitate patient care and business management
· Accomplished in facilitating change to meet new challenges in the healthcare environment
· Driven to learn new skills and apply innovative concepts to advance the practice and business of medicine
· Passionate about utilizing her expertise and experience to the benefit of fellow medical providers
Dr. Thompson acts in an advisory capacity to T2 Management Solutions, offering the unique perspective of a former practice owner and medical professional. In particular, she provides guidance on the implementation and use of electronic medical records as well as coding and billing systems. Her expertise is a valuable asset to our work with all types of healthcare providers.